I am convinced that books are some of the best gifts you can give. Whether it’s an engrossing story or interesting facts, books will out last the holiday and might even give you an excused to make time for coffee and a chat about your favorite characters.
I make it a rule to only give books I’ve read myself. The book I’ve given away most is I Capture the Castle. When I meet a kindred spirit who hasn’t read it yet it takes a lot of self control for me not to rush home grab the extra copy off my shelf and push the book into their hands. I love when someone else shares a book with me with as much excitement. These are five books I’ve read and throughly recommend:
1) Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell for the Austen and Brontë fans.
2) Sense and Sensibility for the friend who needs an introduction to Jane Austen.
3) More Baths Less Talking for the person who is interested in everything.
4) Secret Adversary for the mystery lover.
5) Till We Have Faces for the philosophical.
Another lovely thing about books is that they make the most enticing parcels:
Sources: One, Two & Three