Posts Tagged summer time
guest post: coconut dreams
Hello, Jeska here from Lobster and Swan joining you today, sharing my latest warm weather obsession with you and hoping Jessica is enjoying her vacation. Before Autumn sets in I am wishing for a few more weeks of this glorious warm weather we have been having in the UK, which means more sunshine hours to make things by, over on my pinterest pages lately I noticed a theme threading through my feed – coconut. So today I wanted to share five finds that I am hoping to try out before Summer is over, using coconut in all it’s guises and I thought you might also like to try some of them out?
My sister uses raw coconut oil as part of her beauty regime, my husband has been long addicted to a carton of coco Vita after a run, and I am fond of toasting the shredded stuff to throw on my breakfast! So after scouring my inspiration boards, I found these five other ways people have been celebrating this tropical joy.
1. Coconut Oil Skin Polish by Camp Wanderer. I love trying out home made beauty products and this is so simple to make I can’t wait to give it a go!
2. Coconut cupcakes with whipped mascarpone frosting by Linda Lomelino. Pretty pastel sprinkled goodness, the cutest cupcakes for any girly celebration.
3. A delectable cocktail with strawberries and coconut water by Drizzle and Dip. Summer drinks have been going down a treat in our house this year and these looks so refreshing.
4. Vanilla Nut Granola by Emily of Five and Spice. My granola addiction is quite out of control, so adding another flavour to the cupboard makes me very happy!
5. Honey Ginger Coconut Popsicles by Kelsey Brown for Kinfolk. Finally these vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free treats sound too delicious to go untried.
Happy high Summer and happy making, hope to see you again soon! x
Most evenings we take Cors for a walk to the park. He starts going crazy, running around and barking and trying to herd his humans to the door if we don’t have him in his walk harness by 6, silly pup!
Last night on our way back from the park it hit me that August is almost over! Our little backyard looked so pretty that I had to grab my camera and try to capture a little summertime sunshine and some of the colors of our garden.