Posts Tagged top five books
gift guide: top 5 books
It’s that time of year again, the turkey is now leftovers and we’re starting to think about Christmasy things. I’m nearly done with my Christmas shopping (I have to mail things every year so I always started way too early for most sane folks) and I feel a little better prepared than usual for this year’s gift guides. This time around I thought it would be fun to do a series of top five lists starting with my top five books for gifting.
As a kid Christmas always meant a lot of driving and I looked forward to a great new book to help pass the time. Maybe that’s one of the reasons that I love giving books. Perhaps that, and also sharing something that I enjoyed so much with someone else.
1) Encyclopedia of the Exquisite for the friend who’s interested in everything.
2) The Architecture of Happiness for the philosophical.
3) I Capture the Castle for all of the Austen and Brontë fans.
4) The Meaning of Night for those who love a mystery.
5) Emma for the gal pal who needs to be introduced to Jane Austen.
Do you have any favorite books to give? I’d love to see yours in the comments!